Friday, July 23, 2010

Lavender Love


The trouble with living in a dry, arid climate is 
determining which plants will flourish



Last year, I visited a friend of mine in San Antonio, Texas.
She took me to the hill country-to visit this wonderful family owned 
lavender farm and market


Not only was it one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been to-
it was also one of the most enlightening.


Did you know that not only will lavender thrive in my west facing front yard..
it is has analgesic properties for treating sunburn...
it cleanses and tones dry skin (another conundrum of living in a dry climate)
and it is a perfect ingredient for margaritas...?


I just thought that it was great for making my lingerie drawer smell heavenly ;-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you to my followers-I am so excited to have you stop by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Please tell me your thoughts.