Thursday, August 12, 2010

Classic and Timeless


When I was a college student in Boulder, Colorado...


I worked for -what was then- a primarily family owned company called 
Laura Ashley


It was located on the charming and slightly famous 
Pearl Street Mall 


I think that if that darling little shop were still there-
I would be too.

I do still hold onto a lot of Laura Ashley things (especially catalogs)
and I am always amazed by the timelessness of the designs.

Couldn't you just see these delicate and crisp floral fabrics (from a 1990 catalog)
adorning a modern master bedroom 
or covering a casual sectional?

I suppose this is the visual definition of 
classic


1 comment:

  1. hi Chris..
    i too adored Laura Ashley..
    still do..
    she is what I call elegant Romantic classic..timeless..
    just like Liz Claiborne to me,,
    Is simply utterly casual classic..
    timeless!
    Hugs..
    Loui♥
    personal email will follow

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Please tell me your thoughts.